Running out of yarn

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Over the last few months I've been knitting away on the Spring Thaw Shawl - a very pretty pattern by Cheri McEwen from Knitting on the Border. I am also working on her Small Talk Shawl which is crochet and a lot easier to work (simply because crochet is a easier to keep track of where you're up to)
I've come to the point where I have a dwindling ball of (handspun) yarn, and 42 rows remaining in the pattern :s (I didn't notice that an even number of leaves down the centre spine was required before starting the edging so have to knit another 8 rows to achieve 10 leaves).

My choices...

  • Measure remaining yarn against how much yarn a row uses up (time consuming)
  • Rip back about 12 rows to have 8 leaves (lifelines remain luckily, then start edging
  • Continue knitting and hope very hard it works out
hmmm

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-